Tier 2 Support Engineer Wanted
Job Title: Tier 2 Support Engineer
Reporting to: Head Engineer
Salary: 22k – 25k depending on experience
CF Systems is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join their existing team of experienced support technicians in this rewarding role. Reporting directly to the Head Engineer in the first instance, you will be responsible for providing proactive maintenance and support for key clients and the delivery of exceptional on-site support.
Daily duties will range from; resolving client technical issues; full server side diagnosis and troubleshooting to maintain their customers’ IT infrastructure; PC and server assembly and on site troubleshooting and installation as necessary. Candidates will need to be calm under pressure, have a positive, friendly, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour.
Hours of work 40 hours – 5 days per week
Holiday 28 Days per year
Location Based at our offices in Redruth, Cornwall
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years practical experience in solution delivery, being proficient or have some knowledge in the implementation and support of the following technologies:
- Firewalls & Switches
- MS Server 2008/ 2012/2016
- MS Exchange 2007 / 2010/ 2013
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Client Operating System
- Unix / Linux
CF Systems is a very successful IT support provider which helps companies maximise their revenue and profitability by providing a tiered range of IT support services. Acting as a company’s ‘Virtual IT department’, we provide telephone and on-site support, network and system design and supply and VOIP.
We also project manage and develop a range of bespoke business software applications which include bespoke databases and are also planning additional product developments.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Windows Clients
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Windows Server /2008/2012/2016
- Experience of supporting end users in a domain environment
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of troubleshooting / maintaining Exchange
- Sense of humour
- A+, Network+, MCSA or equivalent in Win 2012/2016
- TCP/IP sub netting and routing
- Assembling and installing PCs and servers
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org